The idea of a luxury spa sounds so attractive. The very word spa gives us a feeling of ultimate relaxed experience. For people who are still trying to use a dictionary for the literal meaning, the answer is, “a mineral spring considered to have health-giving properties
” or “a bath containing hot aerated water”. In a layman’s language, spa is a place which is dedicated to professional services provided to rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. Now whenever you are thinking of going to the spa, be very specific with your treatment requirements. And for that you need to first know what are the different types of spa, how each one differs from the other apart of course in terms of the prices.
A spa typically can range from a medical spa to a destination to a holiday spa, options are innumerable. To help you out in choosing the right spa type, below are some of the types explained:
- Traditional Spa: A traditional spa comprises of various services like a wide variety of spa treatments, beauty enhancing, relaxing and health improving spa experiences. Traditionally it contains treatment options like sauna, Jacuzzi, steam bath room in addition to the common treatments of massage. Generally the spa place comprises of a swimming pool, fitness centre and hydrotherapy circuits.
If I have to give a world view of a very famous traditional spa then the spa at Aphrodite hills, Cyprus are the most famous destination spa. It has approximately 27 different treatment rooms with tranquil services provided 24*7. It has a large swimming pool, golf course, gym and tennis academy inside. What more does one need? So next time when you have the budget, leisure time and a ticket to Cyprus, you know where your ultimate heaven is!
- Destination Spa: Now destination spa is a complete package designed for you just like a holiday one. It has wellness sessions to swimming pool to healthy cuisines to different physical and mental exercises for your relaxation.
Award winning Chiva Som spa of Thailand is the perfect location for your destination spa. They provide you with holistic relaxation therapies, yoga sessions, detox methods, weight gain/loss sessions, wellness and health expert sessions and much more. It’s a delight for people living in Thailand but for all of us outside it’s the perfect destination spa.
- Relaxation and Pampering Spa: These spas are generally located inside a resort and provide beauty treatments and relaxation. Generally in the form of spa centers, these offer personalized treatments, thermal, hydrotherapy and scrub treatments.
Hotel Reeds in Mallorca is one such place located at the base of Tramuntana Mountains. This place is the perfect combination of seclusion and relaxation. It is actually an estate house converted in to a hotel which has a spa within. A wide range of outdoor activities like cycling, tennis, yoga and horse-riding are included in their offerings.
- Ayurvedic Spa: Literal meaning of this word in Sanskrit is “The knowledge for a long life” and it comes from the Hindu culture. Ayurveda is said to be the science of perfect balance of mind, body and soul. All the treatment therapies and pigments are herbal and naturally extracted; they have their own medicinal benefits. They are the oldest kinds and often called the healing spa type.
Set at the end of Himalayas, Ananda in the culturally diverse country India is one of the best Ayurvedic spas. Set up in the lap of Himalaya, the scenic location itself has a positive impact on mind, body and soul. Spread across 24000 sq ft of land, it has various facilities like massages, exfoliation, facials, yoga, exercise classes etc.
- Thermal Spa: This special kind of spa is made or built around a hot spring. This hot spring is made from earth’s hot water. Why heated water? The heated water increases our blood flow and helps in smooth body metabolism it also removes toxin from the body and help nourish vital organs. Thermal water contains more number of minerals and is germ free due to which it has a lot of healing and therapeutic benefits that help in recovering from diseases and injuries.
One place which is as it world’s most iconic countries where thermal spas are famous is Italy. Adler Thermae in Tuscany, Italy is a place whose name implies heat. Located in the romantic destination Bagno Vignoni inside Tuscany’s natural park, this place is famous for its hot springs rich in minerals and sulphur. These hot springs help in retaining skin shine and bone and joint strength.
So next time whenever you want to pamper yourself a bit more, you know where to land. Depending on your budget, time and body requirement you can always choose a suitable spa type. Till then Om Shanti!