Right now, so many thoughts would be passing by your mind, work stress, family, and relationship problems, you just can’t stop thinking about them, thinking of how to get rid of them for while, want to slow down your thoughts? Want to be free from all those tensions for a while?! The answer to all your questions:
The above written methods are few of the most ancient techniques, and they are followed by many people, if you ask anybody who has done these practices for a long time you would get surely get a positive reply.
Even if you dedicate few minutes in your busy life, it would work wonders, instead of going to counselling centres and paying crazy amounts, these free and ancient techniques are worth giving a try, it doesn’t have any side effects, so if you are a newbie, here are some tips and tricks to start with.
1 .Yoga: there will be definitely people with a knowledge about yoga and might be taking classes, so why not join the class learn from it and after you get a gist of it, you can do it all by yourself at home, but it is more fun to do yoga with people around and an instructor to guide ,you won’t get distracted and bored.
Another alternative to do yoga is to check out YouTube videos and learn the ‘asana’ and do them along with the video, this won’t require you to go out and spend on classes.
The most important yoga exercise you could do is the ‘surya namaskars’ you could learn how to do it from the net and few sets in the morning and in the evening, would do wonders to your body.
2. Mindfulness: “Smile, breathe and go slowly.” – Thich Nhat Hanh, Zen Buddhist monk
Yes, it is as simple as that, mindfulness is all about being mindful of what you are doing right now , if you are drinking tea, breathe in the essence of the flavour tea, taste every sip of it.
Few of the other mindfulness techniques you could follow:
- Sit in the morning: when you wake up feel fresh and be thankful for the day that has been given to you, put your coffee to brew, get a cushion stretch out every muscle, feel it relaxing, breathe in and breathe out and enjoy every moment.
- Eat mindfully: keep away all your gadgets while eating! Yes I am right, people usually cant do this as they might feel bored but, if you don’t do it you will never be able to truly enjoy your food, enjoy every bite of the food those nuts and fruits playing in your mouth the taste taste of the different vegetables. Eat slowly and with great fullness
- Walk slowly: take a break from work, go out for a walk, be mindful of each and every step you take don’t let your mind get distracted. Walk slowly, observe the things and around and be great full about it.
- Read in silence: Find a suitable time either morning or evening and a quiet spot, sit with a good novel, have no television or computers around you and just immerse yourself into that book.
- Look at someone gratefully: find a person you care about, and look at her/him not how you do every day, but see that person as a miracle and a god’s gift in your life, and if you are feeling generous, tell that person how thankful you are to them.
Today why not try few of them, and make you feel truly alive and feel amazing about the day.
Meditation: for many years people have practised meditation, the best know practioners you would have definitely heard about would be yogis, sages etc and among all the best known “Gautama Buddha”
If you are a beginner, you could use some tricks and tips:
- Make it a formal practise: you will only be able to reach the next level, if you set aside a specific time from your daily schedule for meditating.
- Stretch: relax yourself, get into a comfortable position and only then close your eyes to start meditating.
- Breathe! : Breathing deep slows the heart rate, relaxes the muscles, focuses the mind and is an ideal way to begin practice.
- Meditate with a purpose:The art of focusing your attention to a single point is hard work, and you have to be purposefully engaged.
- Weird thoughts crop in : it is usual for the beginners, that they can’t concentrate , their mind keep drifting, the art of mediating is to centre you concentration again to one point.
- Feel your body parts: Once the mind quiets, put all your attention to the feet and then slowly move your way up the. This is very healthy and an indicator that you are on the right path.
- Read a book or two: If you really want to get the gist of the art of mediating, why not read a book or two to get an idea about what exactly mediation is all about and a complete idea on how to perfect that art.
If you want to master your mind and be a master of your mind, the above 3 practices would do great! So master these techniques and master your mind.