“After doing a juice cleanse, I’m motivated to eat healthier and not emotionally. Cleansing is like my meditation. It makes me stop, focus and think about what I’m putting into my body. I’m making a commitment to my health and hitting the reset button.” – Salma Hayek
A Green smoothie is the ideal way to start your day. It is a 100 % natural drink with green vegetables, a liquid base, and some seasonal fruits. It’s super healthy yet so delicious that you’d fall in love from the first sip itself. The Green vegetables present in a smoothie have loads of health benefits. Green Vegetables are loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Protein, Fibers, and Calcium. The fruits present in these smoothies contain many minerals, vitamins, and anti oxidants. So, switching to these delicious smoothies is the best way to muster up your immune system. Here is a step by step process of making a delicious an healthy green smoothie-
- 2 cups green vegetables (spinach or kale or Bok Choy or Collards or Beet greens or Romaine)
- 2 cups of liquid base (water, almond milk, coconut water, coconut milk)
- 3 cups of fruits (banana, apple, papaya, berries, avocado, mango, orange)
- Pour 2 cups of water inside your mixer.
- Now, add two cups of a green vegetable (say spinach).
- Now, switch the mixer on and let the green leaves grind.
- Now add 3 cups of fruits.
- Again switch the mixer on.
- Pour it into a glass, put some ice, and gulp it right away!
Whenever making a green smoothie, remember the 60/40 ratio. 60% fruits and 40% green leaves. Instead of adding sweeteners, add fruits (natural sweeteners).
A perfect green smoothie for Beginners (serves one or two)
For beginners, this recipe never fails. It’s loaded with vitamins, minerals, fibers, anti-oxidants, and calcium. And. it tastes delicious! Remember to blend the green leaves and water first. Later, you can add fruits.
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup mango
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 Banana
Get 2 cups of spinach and place it inside your blender. Now, add two cups of water. Blend the water and spinach until all the leaves are fully blended. Now, add pineapple, banana, and mango and blend it again. Pour the smoothie in a glass and gulp it!
The perfect alternative to ice
Yes, I know it’s very hot. Drinking a chilled smoothie is what most of us would prefer. Though, adding ice gives it a ‘watery’ feel. So, why not try some frozen fruits. Next time, save some fruits in the freezer the night before. Add some frozen bananas or mangoes next time, instead of ice. They give the smoothies a chilled and delicious taste.
The most refreshing smoothie ever!
Starting your day with this smoothie will keep you refreshed and active for the whole day. It’s an all green smoothie with a great taste. Here are the ingredients for the smoothie-
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 cup 0f spinach
- 1 cored apple
- 1 table spoon ginger
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 table spoon honey/maple syrup
Peel the cucumber about 60%. Add all the ingredients in the mixer and let them blend. You can add more honey or maple syrup accordingly. Add some bee pollen seeds from above to get the feel. A simple yet very delicious smoothie.
Why should you regularly drink green smoothies?
- Energy booster- Drinking a green smoothie will keep you active and fresh for the whole day. It is loaded with nutrition and fibers and will provide insane amounts of energy.
- Weight loss- Green Smoothies are the perfect complete meal if you want to lose some weight. Add some nuts such as almonds and nuts to make it full with proteins and healthy fats.
- Boost your immune system- Filled with fruits and green vegetables, smoothies are an excellent source to boost your immune system.
- Rich in anti-oxidants- Green smoothies contain fruits which are an excellent source of anti-oxidants. The green vegetables contain phytonutrients that boost the immune system of our bodies.
- Easy to make- It takes 5 minutes to make a simple smoothie. Keeping in mind the benefits It provides, it is a ‘fast food’.
“Money doesn’t mean anything to me. I’ve made a lot of money, but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account. I give lots away and live simply, mostly out of a suitcase in hotels. We all know that good health is much more important.”- Keanu Reeves.
“What we should care about is health – reduction of morbidity and mortality. Too often, we instead pay attention to whether something is ‘normal.’ A hospital may spend several million dollars separating a pair of conjoined twins, even though that separation is likely to leave them worse off.”- Alice Dreger