The skin around the eyes is very delicate and thinner than most other areas of the face. It has no oil glands and has a fine texture. This area requires special care and reflects neglect, abuse, aging, stress, internal health and lifestyle very easily. In fact, dark circles around the eyes can also develop due to hereditary factors, lack of sleep, illness, stress and nutritional deficiencies. Therefore, along with external treatment, it is advisable to take these aspects into consideration in order to establish the cause and bring about the necessary changes.
Dark circles can develop at an early age, like adolescence and early 20s, although it is more common in older people. This is due to the causes discussed above. The way to prevent dark circles is to have a nutritious and balanced diet, including fresh fruits, salads, yogurt and sprouts in your daily diet. Eight home remedies to remove dark circles include :-
1) Cucumber :- It is a very good astringent and has got skin lightening properties also. For quick treatment of dark circles you can always rely on cucumber. Get a fresh cucumber and cut it into thick slices and keep them in the refrigerator for half an hour. Now put the cucumber slices onto the affected skin area for about ten minutes. Finally wash the area with plain water. This remedy will have a soothing and refreshing affect on the skin.
2) Raw potato: There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten the dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes. Take one or two chilled potatoes and grate them to extract its juice. Now soak a cotton ball in the potato juice and place it on to your closed eyes. Make sure the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Allow the juice to sit for ten to fifteen minutes and finally rinse your eyelids properly with cool water and apply a cream. Instead of potato juice you can also use thick potato slice to remove dark circles.
3) Cold water : Cold water can constrict the blood vessels under the eyes and help a lot to reduce eye puffiness and dark circles. Take a washcloth soaked in cold water or cold milk and put it directly over your closed eye lids for several minutes. Alternatively, you can also wrap a few ice cubes in a soft napkin and place it under your eyes. Instead of an ice pack, you can also use a bag of frozen peas, a chilled teabag and a cold spoon. Repeat the process three to four times daily for a few weeks.
4) Mint leaves:- Mint leaves can give cooling effect and remove dark circles in a very natural manner. Take few fresh mint leaves and crush them gently. Now apply the crushed mint leaves around your eyes and leave it for five to ten minutes. Then gently wipe it off with a clean and cold cloth. It is one of the effective home remedies for under eye dark circles.
5) Rose water: Rose water has been traditionally used to rejuvenate the eyes and give them a sparkling look. It works equally well as a remover of dark circles. Soak a little cotton in rose water and dab it over and under your closed eyes. Wash off after 15 minutes with water. Do this once in the morning and once in the evening every day and in a few weeks’ time, your eyes will appear brighter.
6) Almond oil :- Almond oil is considered as being one of the best oils for babies because it does not harm delicate skin. The same logic makes it a good choice for dark circles under the eyes where the skin is more delicate than on the rest of the face. Dab on a few drops of almond oil and lightly massage it into the affected area before going to bed. The next morning, wash it away with water.
7) Get sufficient sleep : Dark circles under the eyes are a common occurrence in people who do not get enough sleep. Make sure you sleep for at least six to seven hours every night; if you suffer from insomnia or sleep apnoea that prevents you from getting refreshing sleep, speak to your doctor about the measures you can use to overcome this problem.
8) Tomato paste: Cut two tomatoes in halves, add a tablespoon of lemon juice, a little gram flour and turmeric powder. Blend these ingredients until you get a thick paste. Apply it around your eyes, and let it stay for 10-20 minutes. Repeat it twice a week and see your skin tone get lighter.
These home remedies are very effective to reduce dark circles and they clear the skin. These remedies cure the dark circles if done regularly . These remedies help an individual to get a flawless ,clear and glowing skin. But this treatment is only effective if used for a period of time . Using it for a day or two won’t help! Removing dark circles are really easy with help of these remedies. These products won’t only remove the dark circles but will also clear the skin